2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You've gotta love the Fall!

Aside from Graham eating dog food and splishing and splashing in the water bowl, nothing too exciting is happening around here. We've been to the park a couple of times and gone on lots of walks trying to enjoy this glorious Autumn weather. What comes to mind when you think of Autumn? I think of the beautiful trees, the cool crisp mornings, football, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course, caramel apples. My sister came to visit for the weekend, and we made a fried rice recipe from Tasty Kitchen, Pioneer Woman's sesame noodles, and caramel apples for dessert. I know the caramel apples don't really go with Chinese, but we desperately wanted them! I've never made Chinese food with the exception of a quick stir-fry recipe, but I must say it was quite delicious. While I cleaned up dinner, Abbey worked on the caramel apples. I read that you should dip the apples in boiling water before dipping them in the caramel. It seemed to do the trick. Ab microwaved the caramel which was much easier than melting it on the stove and then covered the Granny Smith's with a good thick layer of oh so yummy sweetness. Because we put the apples in boiling water, the wax layer was removed and the caramel adhered quite nicely. Why has no one told me this before? Well, I hope you all go do something "fallish" this week like pick up an over priced pumpkin spice latte, make caramel apples, or head to a local pumpkin patch. You've gotta love this time of year....it's just cozy.

No comments: