2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I thought I liked football...


until I met my husband. I grew up cheering for the Cowboys (they weren't as trashy back in the day) and watching my brother at Briarcrest games. Although I never understood all the positions, I thought I was a fairly loyal fan. But when I met Jeff, I discovered that I was not worthy of being considered a fan. My friends who knew Jeff warned me of his intense passion. They weren't kidding. I thought I was dating a completely different person when I first saw him at a football game. Football affects his life. I'm serious. I often hope certain teams win not because I really care that much about the game, but because if they do, my husband will be in a good mood. 2008 was a great year in our marriage because the Titans won so many games! During the off season I sometimes forget what a huge fan he is, but I was quickly reminded of his passion on Saturday. It was the first MTSU home game, and Jeff was pumped. The game was at 6:00 p.m. and he left the house at 9:30 A.M.! He and his buddies got the tailgate set up in our prime tailgating spot. They smoked barbecue and grilled ribs. They had a pinata representing the mascot of the opposing team. They even turned the bed of Jeff's truck into a swimming pool. The plan for the next home game? A shrimp boil and a hot tub. Yes, they are going to try to pump warm water from the Service Master van into the bed of his truck. Life is never boring with my husband during football season. What will he ever do if Graham doesn't like football?

2 comments:

natalie vaughan said...

oh my...that would be horrible!!......but i guess he would be able to deal with it as long as he doesn't want to be a mtsu flag girl/boy! now that might send him over the edge!

Gail Norman said...

Jen, I am truly enjoying your stories of your family...they make me smile and laugh out loud... football, my husband is a huge football fan, he just purchased a new 40 inch flat screen tv just for football season! Oh by the way our son doesn't like football....