2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What's in a Name?

If you can't decide on what book to read or what movie you need to watch, just invite Graham to your house, and he'll be sure to choose one...or several. Yes, everyday he pulls a number of books and movies from the shelves. Jeff even reorganized last night to keep Graham from getting into the movies, but of course Graham outsmarted him. Today Graham chose the book The Baby Name Wizard from the shelf. At first I thought it was quite a silly choice. Why in the world would I want to read that book? There's no other baby to name right now. But, then I decided to take a look, and I remembered why I loved this book so much last year. I turned to the name Graham, and it read, "This English and Scottish standard has never fully taken hold in the U.S. Why is a mystery. It's handsome as all get-out, sexy but with impeccable manners. Even the graham cracker association really shouldn't hurt: slim, sweet, and snappy. Graham is the fellow all the girls want to meet and the guys have to respect." I wonder how big of an influence this little blurb had on me liking the name Graham? Who wouldn't want to be named Graham? I'm thinking about changing my name.

2 comments:

Martha Milligan said...

I thought you were going to say you DID have another baby to name!!!

Stephanie said...

Jen,
I found your bog through Beth Davis' and I love to hop over and catch up every once in a while. You do a great job with it and it is so fun to get a glimpse into your family! And I must say, Graham is a good name! Hope ya'll are doing well and you don't mind me blog stalking you from tiem to time =)
Stephanie Braithwait