2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rockin' Curls




So let's put this serious stuff aside for a post and talk about hair. Have you seen my son's hair? If you haven't, you need to see it in person. It is crazy long, awesome, curly hair (sorry...just let me brag for a minute). He is a little rocker dude. And when it gets in his face, all you have to do is tell him to fix it, and in Kelly Kapowski fashion, he gets it out of his eyes.

Can't you now understand why we haven't cut it? One day I had G in the bathroom and scissors in my hand. I called Jeff to tell him I was about to cut it, and he would not have it! I think Jeff loves his hair more than I do.

These pictures are probably a couple of months old, so it's even longer. Oh, and just imagine what it looks like when it's wet. I had really planned on taking him to get in cut within the next couple of weeks, but it looks like that is going to have to wait until after Lucy is born. The only downside to these rockin' curls is that he is always getting food in his hair and that he gets called a girl almost every time we get out of the house. Hello! Boys can have curly hair too! People just don't get it. I guess they aren't looking at the brown and blue guitar shirt or vintage Curious George shirt he is wearing when they ask me, "How old is she?"

So to cut or not to cut? That is the question. I keep finding reasons not to cut these curls, and I need some advice!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

do what you want to do. It's your baby. :)

Lora said...

I say don't cut it! They are too cute...you can cut it soon enough, but keep it for now! Arden gets called a girl ALL the time too, and he doesn't even have curls or really long hair..I think it's the southern outfits, but still..they have tools and boy things on them, duh people! Hope you're feeling ok, I'll be praying for you and baby Lucy! So glad to hear about the help you're getting, so encouraging!