2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Crazy Life

So let me just sum up our last 10 months for you. Beginning in October we found out we were expecting #3, we celebrated Lucy's 2nd birthday, put our house on the market, sold our house in a few days, celebrated mine and Jeff's birthdays and 7th anniversary, bought a new house, celebrated Graham's 4th, potty trained LP, got put on bedrest for 3 months, became an aunt, found out I was going to become an aunt again, had a baby, had surgery on a kidney stone, cried, laughed, survived.

Norah Kate is 8 weeks old today and needless to say it's been a crazy few months since we first found out we were having another kiddo. All the chaos has made me a crazy person at times, but I'm thankful that it seems we are settling down and things are getting back to normal, our new normal.

I have many posts that I started over the last several months, but none that I've completed. I guess that speaks to what my life is like these days. It's just incredibly hard to get anything finished. I'm trying to come to terms with that. I'm trying take in all the baby smiles, smells, and cuddles in the middle of the night. I'm trying to cherish the last year I have with Graham before he goes to Kindergarten and enjoy being with my spunky, sweet Lucy. It's hard to appreciate life when your older two are fighting and the other needs to eat every time you try to nap or eat something yourself, but it's a sweet time nonetheless. I'm thankful to not have to sit on the couch anymore. I'm glad to be able to take care of my kids by myself. As Lucy said the other day, "Mommy are you better now? Can you play with us now?" Yes, LP, I can finally play with you. Let's just hope I have the time!


No comments: