2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Monday, May 30, 2011

Birdie Mobile



From www.spoolsewing.com

I thought I'd just share in more detail what I made for Lucy's room. First up: the birdie mobile.

Seven months ago I was doing Google searches for "things to do on bed rest" and "what to do when you're bored." It was 100 times better than bed rest in the hospital, but I was still going stir crazy. One of the things I decided to do was make a bird mobile for Lucy's room. I found this adorable mobile and tutorial online and got to work. It involved hand sewing, but what else did I have to do, right? When deciding on fabrics to use, I think it's best to mix and match. I just used random fabric I had around the house simply because I really couldn't go shopping. The beauty of this mobile is that the fabrics don't necessarily go together on individual birds but as a whole project they flow quite nicely. Clear as mud, right? After you sew and stuff the birds, it's fun to add embellishments. Maybe some wings, buttons, or a ribbon tied here or there. You get the picture. The possibilities are endless. Check out this website if you want to download the bird pattern!

2 comments:

Nate Bonham said...

Jeff said he wants one to hang above his bed.

Jen said...

Then I guess I better start making him one for Father's Day!