2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Monday, November 1, 2010

Glamour Shots

If you came to my blog thinking that you were going to see pictures of me from 3rd grade with gaudy make-up and a pink boa around my neck, I'm sorry to dissapoint you. Those aren't the glamour shots I'm referring to. And by the way, is Glamour Shots still in business?

We're talking about Lucy here. I went for Lucy's weekly photo shoot today (aka ultrasound). She's looking great. She weighs in at approximately 5 lbs 13 oz. And she has a lot of hair. Seriously, I never realized you could see hair on an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech pointed it out a few weeks ago.

"Oh look, you can see hair coming down the back of her neck."
"The back of her neck?"
"Well, she probably has some on the top of her head too, but I can't see it from this angle."
"So you mean she doesn't necessarily have a rat tail?"

Don't worry, I got to see the hair on the top of her head today. So rest assured that she is not a baby with a rat tail. On the ultrasound it looks like a ton of hair, but we'll just have to see what it's like in person. I wonder if it's going to be brown, blond, or red? I'm assuming her eyes will be blue. I guess most babies are born with blue eyes anyway, and plus Jeff and I both have blue eyes. Will she be a snuggler unlike her older brother? Will she be as silly as Graham? Jeff thinks it's ridiculous that I wonder about these things before she is born, but I think it's the most natural thing in the world. I mean, hello! I have a person growing inside me, and I want to know what she is like.

For now, I'll settle for weekly "glamour shots." Graham and Lucy just might have more pictures of themselves in utero than in their entire first year of life. I just wish these pictures were in color! How amazing would that be?

No comments: