2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Just a Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down"

Graham does not like medicine. And when I say doesn't like, I mean he absolutely abhors, completely detests, would rather do anything else in the world than to take a few drops of medicine. Graham got sick for the first time last Wednesday. Ironically he was already scheduled to go to the doctor that day for another round of shots. I told the doctor that he felt really warm to me, but my thermometer said he only had a temp of 98.6. The nurse took his temperature and sure enough my little baby had his first fever. For some reason Graham has the tiniest ear canals and none of the doctors can see in them to determine if he has an ear infection. The doctor said the pressure in Graham's ears was a little unusual, so he went ahead and prescribed some amoxicillin. I had forgotten about the good old bumble gum medicine. It used to be like dessert when I was a kid. Almost as good as Luden's cherry cough drops. Come on, do those cough drops do any good whatsoever? They taste like candy! Anyway, I was trying to give Graham his medicine, and as you can see, I don't think he got much of it. He goes into freak out mode when he sees the syringe. He closes his mouth, tries not to swallow, and arches his back like he's trying to jump out of your arms. I was defeated by a four month old. Oh well. Maybe next time I'll get it down.

No comments: